Why You Should Follow Me
I suppose “because I told you to” probably isn’t good enough..
OK, I get it.
You don’t really know me and there are a gajillion writers out on Medium right now wanting your eyeballs.
Maybe you read one of my articles, and you liked it. And the very next day, I wrote something totally different and it made you think, “What is this girl all about?”
Now, this is usually where most writers start talking about themselves (which I’ll get to) but before I ask for any more of your attention, let me tell you what’s in it for you.
My Promise to You
I promise I won’t churn out endless listicles and quoticles (yes, I know that’s not a real word).
I promise I won’t lie to you (no, I really don’t know the one trick to get everyone to fall in love with you).
I promise I won’t talk down to you (no, I really don’t think you’re a loser because you can’t get up at 5 am and take a cold shower every day).
I promise to use my writing to remind you of all the beauty and humanity in life instead of playing on your fear and anxieties.
I promise that if I do have to talk about our shadow selves, that I will give you a way to regain your personal power and to come out stronger.
I promise that I will try and surprise you and that I will offer you a different way to think about every aspect of life.
I promise that I will try to make you laugh, cry, change, and play but most importantly — connect with yourself and the world differently.
I promise to engage with you, with your world, and the way you think. If you reach out, comment, or leave me a private note — I promise to try to respond to the best of my ability. If you call me out on crappy writing, I promise to do my best to earn your attention back.
I promise to continue experimenting, to keep the world interesting for you, and to show up.
Phew, that was a lot of promises.
Maybe you’re smart enough to not be convinced by promises. So, here is a sampling of what you’ll actually be getting.
A Taste of What You Will Be Getting
1. Stories on Connection
Connection is my highest value in life. If I decide to pick a niche one day, this will likely be it.
- How to Instantly Create Intimacy With Any Person You Meet
- The First and Most Important Rule of Any Relationship
- How to Choose the Right People to Be in Your Life
I also want to write your stories. So, if you have one to tell that you don’t want to write yourself, let’s talk. Here’s one I wrote for someone else:
2. Comics and Humor
I’m rather design-challenged but I love creating comics like the one below. You will find these comics in most of my articles.
I also try not to take myself too seriously in my articles and occasionally write to poke fun at things:
3. Self-experimentation Reports
I conduct a lot of physical and social experiments and you get to hear about all the ways I failed until I didn’t.
- How to Get the Unquantifiable Benefits of Cold Showers
- How to Ask for What You Need
- Coming soon — How to Introduce Play in Every Aspect of Your Life.
4. Unconventional Personal Growth Articles
I’m still figuring myself out as a writer and personal growth articles are where I experiment most. I’d love for you to be part of shaping what matters.
Some Random Facts About Me
As promised earlier, here is a random assortment of facts about me to help you connect better with my writing. Reach out if you relate to any of them!
- I’m an avid self-experimenter. I experiment with everything — food, sleep, my relationship with others, my relationship with myself, and with optimizing life.
- I have read twice a day every day (when I wake up and when I fall asleep) for as long as I remember.
- Rock climbing is a big part of my life. It is the way I grow, connect, and play.
- Speaking of play — I believe play should be present in your life all day, every day.
- I’ve always been nomadic. I’ve been an immigrant twice over (once in Australia) and now in the US and lived in dozens of cities in between. I’m currently in Boulder, Colorado in the US. If you read enough of my writing, you’ll find out where I’m actually from 😉.
- My favorite thing about myself is that I am my own best friend.
- I used to be a geneticist, then an engineer. Now, I fix problematic engineering projects for a living. It’s great. I get paid to analyze data, solve puzzles, and listen. It’s the best training in human dynamics ever.
Still Not Convinced?
There are two kinds of writers in this world. There are the ones you read because you care about the topic or content they are creating and there are the ones you read because you care about the person who wrote it. I hope to fall into the latter category. I hope that at the end of the day, though the topic is what led you to me, what you ultimately connected with — is me.
I want you to read my writing because it makes you more curious, because it’s clear that I don’t have it all figured out, and because you really could imagine us being friends and having a conversation until 4 am about life in your living room. And hopefully, after pandemic times, we will.
So, are you ready to come on my ride?
It’s free and easy. Just click that “follow” button. I have no idea where I’ll be taking you, but I know it’ll be fun.
“Get on the roller coaster, worry about throwing up later” — my brother.
P.s. If you are already my follower, thank you from the bottom of my heart. It really does keep me going every time you clap, highlight, and respond. I also made a deal with a Nigerian prince to send you a million dollars.
I want to hear from you! If you don’t know what to say, feel free to type “Hi! Can we talk?” in the title and I will take it from there.